The University of Hawai‘i Press offers print and online subscriptions for individuals and institutions. Institutions may additionally subscribe to print + online bundles. Subscriptions may be entered retroactively.
Contact customer service for any questions regarding journal subscriptions or back-issue orders:
University of Hawai‘i Press
2840 Kolowalu Street
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96822 (USA)
Toll-free (U.S. & Canada) Tel. 1-888-UHPRESS
Payment must be included with all orders. Institutions may request a pro-forma invoice; orders are processed upon receipt of payment. Payment must be in U.S. dollars and may be made by VISA or MasterCard, by check or money order drawn on a U.S. bank, made payable to the University of Hawai‘i Press, or by bank transfer. No refunds will be made except for erroneous duplicate orders. Orders for Canadian customers must include 5% GST.
- Individual Rates apply to subscriptions ordered and paid for by individuals for personal use.
- Individuals may purchase online and print subscriptions through the journal’s homepage (find a journal by title or subject). Scroll down for details on print subscriptions.
- Online subscriptions are provided on the Project Muse platform and are valid for one year from date of purchase and include access to the current year plus all back issues on the site. An access code and log-in instructions are provided as a downloadable PDF with the email confirmation of the purchase. The PDF is downloadable only for a limited time.
- Sign up for alerts. With or without a subscription, you can receive TOC alerts, so you never miss an issue.
- Recommend to your library. Do you want your library to subscribe to a journal? Download and complete this form and submit it to your library.
- Institutional Rates apply to subscriptions ordered or paid for by libraries, universities, schools, societies, government offices, departments, businesses and the like.
- Agent discount is offered to subscription agencies and booksellers. New agents must provide the URL of their business website or submit their initial correspondence on official company letterhead. Contact customer service for the discount code.
- Institutions may purchase online and print subscriptions through the journal’s homepage (find a journal by title or subject). Scroll down for details on print subscriptions.
Electronic subscriptions operate on a 12-month calendar year term. All subscriptions must be pre-paid. Access to electronic titles will only be granted upon receipt of pre-payment. No consortia or tier-based discounts apply to single title orders.
Significant features of online access include:
- DRM-free content
- Unlimited simultaneous usage, printing, downloading
- Searchable and retrievable to the article level
- Mobile access on any PDF-compatible device
- COUNTER-compliant usage statistics
2715 North Charles Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21218-4319 (USA)
Journals Print Subscription Policies
For all journals except MĀNOA, subscriptions begin with the first issue of the calendar year and are effective for the entire volume year. MĀNOA subscriptions begin with the next issue.
Shipping and Postage
Print subscription price includes mailing issues to an address within the USA. Basic shipping costs for international addresses are added at checkout. Expedited shipping via US Postal Service Priority Mail is available at additional cost. Shipping via other couriers such as UPS and FedEx are available upon request at the customer’s expense. Postage rates are not discountable.
Issues from the previous year are sold at the current year’s rates. Issues older than two years are available in limited supply and may be purchased. Please contact us for availability and a price quote.
Bulk Single-Issue Order Discounts
Bulk-rate discounts for one-time orders are 20% on 10-19 copies and 30% on 20 or more copies of the same issue(s) mailed to one address. No returns are accepted. No discounts on shipping.
Claims for non-receipt of issues will be honored at no charge within 180 days of the original ship date. Thereafter, the single copy rate will be charged for replacement. No more than one free replacement per issue will be allowed. Credits for non-receipt are not offered.
If an issue is damaged when received, please request a replacement. You need not return the damaged copy. Credits on damaged issues are not offered. No other returns are accepted.
More questions? Visit our FAQ.
Other Online Access Options
The majority of journal titles published and distributed by the University of Hawai‘i Press are available in the online collections available through:
Project MUSE, 2715 North Charles Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21218-4319 (USA)
(888) 388-3574 toll free in the United States
(734) 887-7001 local and international
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EDT (GMT -4:00)
301 East Liberty, Suite 250, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104-2262 (USA)
Phone: (734) 887-7001 • Toll-free: (888) 388-3574 • Fax: (734) 998-9113
2 Rector Street, 18th Floor, New York, New York 10006 (USA)
Phone: (212) 358-6400 • Fax: (212) 358-6499
Pacific Science is also included in the BioOne database
Donna M. Loews, BioOne Global Director of Sales and Operations
38 Chauncy Street, Suite 1002, Boston, Massachusetts 02111 (USA)
Phone: (617) 395-4044 • Toll Free 800 552 3084 • Email: email@example.com