History & Mission
Since its establishment in 1947, the University of Hawai‘i Press has been dedicated to publishing books and journals of exceptional merit. The Press launched with the quarterly, Pacific Science, followed shortly by quarterly Philosophy East and West. Both journals are still in print 70 years later, and today the Press publishes journals in a range of subject areas covering the humanities and social sciences. All journals are selective, rigorously edited and peer-reviewed by well-known scholars in their respective fields.
Publish with the University of Hawai‘i Press
The Press offers a full range of publishing services from our staff of dedicated professionals. We tailor our services to the unique, individual needs of each publication and partner. We provide value to editorial offices by managing tasks from issue manuscript submission through distribution, allowing editors more time for the acquisition of scholarly content. Our services include:
- Online manuscript and peer-review tracking system
- Copyediting, composition, and proofreading for both print and electronic journals
- Printing and binding, including print-on-demand
- Worldwide subscription and membership management, including online subscriptions for both individuals and institutions
- Copyright and permissions
- Distribution and warehousing
- Print and electronic advertising
- Transparent financial reports
We currently work with these Society and publishing partners.
We invite interested societies, associations, institutes, and individual editorial offices to submit a publication proposal for a new or existing journal. For more information please contact: Alicia Upano, Interim Journals Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 808-956-8398.
University of Hawai‘i Press
2840 Kolowalu Street
Honolulu, HI 96822
Toll-free (U.S. & Canada)
Interim Journals Manager:
Subscriptions & Advertising Manager: