We Are The Rock!
- About the Book
In We are the Rock! contemporary Niueans, historical and legendary figures tell their stories of focus, expression and achievement. They are Niuean tāoga (treasure) and include:
* Dr Vili Nosa – the first Niuean awarded a Phd
* Tutina Pasene – business woman and fashion designer
* Sully Paea – youth worker
* Pero Cameron – basketballer
* John Pule – artist and writer
* Frank Bunce – All Black
* Stephanie Tauevihi – actress and singer
* Che Fu – rapper/ singer
* Fao and Huanaki – discoverers of Niue
* Leveimatagi and Leveifualolo – legendary explorers
“is a beautiful little thing” says Pacific Island Correspondent Michael Field.
- About the Author(s)
David Riley, Author
David Riley is Head of Performing Arts and the Specialist Classroom Teacher at Tangaroa College in Otara South Auckland. He wrote this book to encourage his students - particularly young Pacific Island students - to read and to inspire them with stories they can relate to about sport, music, business, talent, luck and perseverance.
Niuean-MÄori illustrator Munro Te Whata and Auckland-based Samoan photographer Evotia Tamua bring the stories alive.
Munro Te Whata, IllustratorMunro Te Whata (Ngāpuhi, Ngāti Porou) is a dynamic young animator, artist and writer who has illustrated several books. He lives in Auckland.
Evotia Tamua, Photographer