Integrated Korean Workbook: Beginning 2, Second Edition
- About the Book
This workbook accompanies the thoroughly revised edition of Integrated Korean: Beginning 2, the second volume of the best-selling series developed collaboratively by leading classroom teachers and linguists of Korean. All series’ volumes have been developed in accordance with performance-based principles and methodology—contextualization, learner-centeredness, use of authentic materials, usage-orientedness, balance between skill getting and skill using, and integration of speaking, listening, reading, writing, and culture. Grammar points are systematically introduced in simple but adequate explanations and abundant examples and exercises.
Each situation/topic-based lesson of the main texts consists of model dialogues, narration, new words and expressions, vocabulary notes, culture, grammar, usage, and English translation of dialogues. In response to comments from hundreds of students and instructors of the first edition, this new edition features a more attractive two-color design with all new photos and drawings and an additional lesson and vocabulary exercises. Lessons are now organized into two main sections, each containing a conversational text (with its own vocabulary list) and a reading passage. The accompanying workbook, newly written, provides students with extensive skill-using activities based on the skills learned in the main text.
- Mee-Jeong Park is associate professor in the Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa.
- Joowon Suh is senior lecturer and director of the Korean language program in the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures, Columbia University.
- Mary Shin Kim is associate professor in Korean in the Department of East Asian Languages and Literatures at the University of Hawai’i at Mānoa.
- Sang-suk Oh is professor in Korean at Harvard University.
- Hangtae Cho is professor in Korean at University of Minnesota.