Integrated Korean: Beginning 1, Second Edition
- About the Book
This is a thoroughly revised edition of Integrated Korean: Beginning 1, the first volume of the best-selling series developed collaboratively by leading classroom teachers and linguists of Korean. All series’ volumes have been developed in accordance with performance-based principles and methodology—contextualization, learner-centeredness, use of authentic materials, usage-orientedness, balance between skill getting and skill using, and integration of speaking, listening, reading, writing, and culture. Grammar points are systematically introduced in simple but adequate explanations and abundant examples and exercises.
Each situation/topic-based lesson of the main texts consists of model dialogues, narration, new words and expressions, vocabulary notes, culture, grammar, usage, and English translation of dialogues. In response to comments from hundreds of students and instructors of the first edition, this new edition features a more attractive two-color design with all new photos and drawings and an additional lesson and vocabulary exercises. Lessons are now organized into two main sections, each containing a conversational text (with its own vocabulary list) and a reading passage. The accompanying workbook, newly written, provides students with extensive skill-using activities based on the skills learned in the main text.
Audio files for this volume may be downloaded on the web in MP3 format at http://www.kleartextbook.com. A set of CDs is also available for purchase.
- Young-mee Cho is associate professor of Korean language and culture at Rutgers University.
- Hyo Sang Lee is associate professor and Korean language program coordinator in East Asian Languages & Cultures at Indiana University, Bloomington.
- Carol Schulz is senior lecturer in the Korean Language Program, Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures, Columbia University.
- Ho-min Sohn is professor emeritus of Korean language and linguistics at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa.
- Sung-Ock Sohn is professor of Korean language at the University of California, Los Angeles.